It’s the first step, and one of the hardest to discern: How can you tell if you’re experiencing the call from God to be a missionary? How does God speak, and guide people overseas?
At Go. Serve. Love, we’ve explored this idea a lot, with both warning and affirmation. How would one even define the call?
One of our partners, the Center for Missionary Mobilization and Retention–using podcasts, training, and other resources–aims to increase and retain the number of long-term missionaries sent around the world.
They’ve developed this free webinar to help you sort out the call…and whether you have it.
By way of introduction, they ask,
How does God extend the call to missionaries? What influences does He often use to speak to those He’s calling to the mission field?
Mobilizers, missionaries, pastors, youth leaders, and teachers are invited to join Dave Jacob, founder and director of the Center for Missionary Mobilization and Retention, as he discusses the important factors that influence the missionary call.
As always, we love it when you join the dialogue, creating community with others in the Body of Christ around the world exploring some of the same life-altering, Kingdom-powered questions.
Tell us about the call in your comments below:
- How have you begun to discern God’s will in your own life?
- What can be confused with the call?
- What’s clear about calling–and what isn’t?
- What keeps people from discerning God’s will for their lives about missions?
- What events, people, resources, questions, etc. have helped in your own examination of whether or not to go overseas?
Like this post? Don’t miss
- God’s Will…and the Clarity I Didn’t Have
- Free Printable Infographic: 5 Ways to Pray for God’s Will as You Consider Going Overseas
- He Said/She Said. You Say? “How can I know if God’s calling/leading me overseas?” Part I and Part II
- How Ready am I? Self-Assessments for Global Work
- “I Should Have the Gift of Evangelism” and 5 Other Missions Myths Debunked